Monday 16 March 2009

Couch potato

So now England are the most attacking side in the 6 nations with 13 tries!!! and they could easily end up 2nd in the championship if Ireland get their Grand Slam because of |England have a massive points difference advantage over Wales. Ok France were rubbish and England only played 60 odd minutes but it is some progress. I still think we have no really outstanding players but potentially 22 really good ones. That is enough though in a team game to win most matches.

Will the RFU be consistent - Brian Ashton came second in the world cup and second in the 6 Nations and got sacked so Martin Johnson should be teetering on the brink. I suspect he is still pretty safe though. Whilst I think Brian Ashton was treated apallingly and should still be in the job I would like Johnson to be given a fair run at the job.

So any way that is the reason my running has been curtailed, I spent Saturday and Sunday afternoon in front of the 6 nations. One more weekend to go. Its easy not to run when you don't have a definte goal to aim at or it is a long way off like mine is April 2010 London Marathon is my goal. Whether I make it is down to my body holding out - left ankle and right knee are not too good at present. Having said that I was able to do 3 short (4mile) runs last week and I was on my feet from 9:30pm - 3:00am on friday night so I have had a bit of exercise.

There is only one thing for it more running and more beer to aid the recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment