Tuesday 3 March 2009

Oh Well

I have to eat my words but to quote Fleetwood Mac "I can't help about the shape I'm in, I aint pretty, I can't sing and my legs are thin, but don't ask me what i think of you I might not give you the answer that you want me to ....... Oh well" England play the most boring rugby but interestingly only Ireland have scored more tries (so much for Welsh flair and attacking play) So once again you have to say the press are full of rubbish and write a story to fit around their opinions England have the best defensive record (conceded only 3 tries joint best with Ireland) and are the second best atttackers so where does that leave northern hemisphere rugby because England are boring rubbish at the moment.

Enough of that the beer I was drinking when I became unhinged watching England give away penalty after penalty was Marstons Old Empire not Marstons IPA even though it is a pale ale. I rather enjoyed it but even at 5.7% it wasn't strong enough to dull the pain of the game.

All the beer I put on the blog I seem to like - as long as it is liquid, has hops and malt and alcohol - no I do drink some beers I don't like but I haven't bogged the rubbish yet.

This stuff is very drinkable and available in bottles in supermarkets in England and if you can find a Marstons pub you may find it on draft as well. It has a fresh slightly hoppy taste and would quench quite a dry parched throat.

Marston's Beer

Old Empire

Old Empire Pint and bottleIn the 19th Century, Burton-upon-Trent became famous for brewing the best beer for export to thirsty ex-pats and colonial soldiers in India.

With its pale appearance, strong hoppy taste and higher alcoholic strength Marston's Old Empire comprises all the genuine characteristics of a true India Pale Ale, which were necessary to last

The 3 month journey from Burton to Bombay. Old Empire is brewed using optic malt, a subtle and paler grain that will allow other flavours to come through on the palate. Goldings and Fuggle Hops are added to this brew, which is then late hopped with the American Cascade variety for extra hop strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment