Thursday 9 April 2009

Billy No Mates

Last night I inherited the title of Billy from Andy. I went to the Vine in Black Notley, the only CAMRA pub in the Braintree area. It was supposed to be the St Michaels men's night but what with school holidays and everythning no one else turned up. In fact there were only 3 customers in the whole pub.

Anyway I was able to sample something very rare in Essex "Yorkshire Gold" on tap from the Leeds Brewery. This is a new brewery started in 2007 so its good to promote it. It normally only supplies in the Leeds area and Yorkshire Gold is supposed to be a seasonal beer in May so it must have been a pre production barrel.

A really good easy to drink pint, I could have had more if I was not driving, heres's what the website says

" Yorkshire Gold 4.2% ABV

A full golden ale. Specially selected English Northdown hops give this well balanced bitter a rich and satisfying finish."

I don't have a picture so here is a video of the beer festival in nearby Bradford - near Leeds I mean

No comments:

Post a Comment