Sunday 24 January 2010

Real Coffee Makes You Burp

The London Marathon is only about 3 months away now,so yesterday I decided to do a longer run and did 13 miles in just under two hours which is ok but  along way from my target. If I am to hit 3.5 hours I will have to knock 20 minutes off the 13 mile time. The good news is that I felt fairly strong at the end and could even have run a bit further. However if you look at the photos below you can see I looked a bit rough by the end.

I decided to have a cup of real coffee 20 minutes before starting to speed up my metabolism which was great but it had un foreseen consequences. I was burping like mad for about an hour of the run and it was all coffee. It didn't have any influence on the way I ran but it was a bit irritating. The run was great and I ended up in short sleeves even though it was only about 7 degrees and my breath was forming clouds as I ran.


Pre run I  looked happy and enthusiastic then afterwards I looked like something out of a horror movie. I could easily be a zombie without any make up.

I will be posting more about the causes I am running for in the next couple of days.

Last night I had a couple of cans of Greene King Abbott Ale which is always a decent pint. The high light of the 50th Birthday dinner for our friend was the jelly and ice cream, doesn't that take you back to your childhood.

The chef's experiment was great although I am not sure you are supposed to use 90% vodka and 10% water in the jelly mix. Some of our party found it a bit too strong and it had a very dramatic on one of our number who had to retire and go straight to bed within minutes of finishing her pudding

1 comment:

  1. Hows the training going ... counting the days now? Sending you good luck from a snowy DC

    ReplyDelete