Wednesday 20 January 2010

Where has all that time gone

Hey it is a long time since I posted. Since I last posted we have had several weeks of freezing weather and Christmas and New Year and my birthday - 49 years young now.

So I have had a few good beers along the way but I just thought I would draw attention to a bottle my daughter gave me for my birthday. It is strawberry beer from Fruli - Belgian. Apparently Belgians are quite good at making fruit beers. Anyway it does taste of stawberries and is actually quite pleasant if slightly sweet - you could call it a dessert beerRunning Back to the running - I foolishly challenged Stephen Clark, Headmaster of Tabor Science College to a race in the London Marathon. Turns out he is aiming at a time about an hour better than my last marathon and half an hour better than my PB!!! Some serious training required I think. I can't just say he is 10 years younger than me and taller and thinner so I need to increase my basic speed by 25%. Oh I love a challenge.
I did go running a bit in the snow but mainly I whimped out. I was given a head torch for Christmas which is great and in the snow it lights up everything like its the middle of the day due to the vast amount of reflected light.

Funny thing though the snow is pink at night. Not sure why could be something to do with refracted light from the orange street lights.

Sponsor Me Please Now the serious bit - I am raising money for two causes
Tabor Science College Namibia Expedition and Russ Foundation. Both help disadvantaged youngsters so this is an early warning I am after sponsorship - details to follow.

As far as training goes I am doing 17 miles a week or so but it is just running I haven't done any thing longer than about 6 miles and no interval training yet - I will be doing some of that soon to boost my basic speed.






No comments:

Post a Comment