Wednesday 4 February 2009

Crisp and even

Ahh the reassuring crunch of refrozen snow. Whilst out running today I was pleased to hear crunching under foot as that meant there was a firm footing, no crunch and the foot was likely to slip on compacted snow/ice. Also running round the fields snow is good as you get a fairly decent grip instead of the slippy mud where the snow has melted. As the temperature is still low the snow is also fairly dry so my feet stayed dry and warm. After the run I was hot and I took the dog out in my shorts and a passing motorist stopped to question may sanity. I say Brits are whinging poms, the slightest adversity and many throw their hands up in despair - where is the Bulldog spirit. (ok I will admit I have whimped out of running most of the last 2 weeks due to weather and being busy but I am back to some sort of training now. I have been working on the beer part of this blog which will be apparent soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment